Stand with your back against a wall. Your feet should be 6 inches away from the wall and your butt, upper back, and head should all be in contact with the wall at all times during the exercise.
• Stick your hands up overhead. Try to keep your shoulders, elbows, and wrists in contact with the wall at all times.
• Slide your arms down the wall and tuck your elbows into your sides. This should bring your shoulder blades down and together. You should feel a strong contraction in the muscles between your shoulder blades, as well as the shoulder muscles.
• Reminder! Try to keep everything in contact with the wall.
• From the bottom position, try to slowly slide your arms up until they are straight and in a “stick-em up” position. Once again, keeping everything in contact with the wall.
• The goal is to try to improve your range of motion in this exercise each week.